Internet etiquette is the use of successful communication skills. Digital conventions are netiquette guidelines. Friendship comes from agreement on our routines and traditions. A cyber security code of ethics among users. Network etiquette is the culture of the IoT.
Internet Etiquette Golden Rule
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Online Etiquette Rules
- Review: Review, proofread and plan, communication. Learn More
- All Caps: Refrain from using all capital letters in correspondence. Learn More
- Truth: Tell the truth. Learn More
- Be Yourself: Act as you do in reality. Be on your best behavior. Learn More
- Flames: Refrain from posting or responding to inflammatory material, flames. Learn More
- Spam: Refrain from sending unsolicited messages or responding to them. Learn More
- Messages: Be conservative in messages you send and liberal in what you receive. Learn More
- Reply: Send messages within an appropriate time frame. Learn More
- Secure Sites: Use secure websites whenever possible. Learn More
- Discretion: Use discretion, your best judgment. Learn More
The social code of network communication. Contemporary standards of communication between people with computers.
The Internet of Things Definition
A worldwide network of Self Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology we use to assist society. Online communication and the connected devices are the Internet of Things (IoT).
Netiquette Rules for Electronic Communication
Culture is developing from our expressions. Society imitates art. Art imitates society. We are all leaders and followers, participants, in a movement for a better, more efficient, world.
All internet rules are separated by the category of contact. Customs start out in general and get more specific. There are subcategories and domain specific applications.
Our decision to follow particular techniques relates to our online identity. It has an effect on our digital footprint.
Methods require contacts use them as well. When and how they are used varies. We all have our own style.
Schools establish their own style of techniques for digital interaction. Most have policy documents that fit within the definition of this site. Many other other organizations do as well. Businesses have their own culture and brand by definition.