The iPhone was the first Smartphone because it had an iPod, not because it had the Internet. We are getting smarter because we love music. Follow music network netiquette rules for good engagement.
Music Network Netiquette Rules
- Share good music. Do not share anything you do not listen to yourself. Good Music
- Share content you think that others will share again with their networks. Reshare
- Attend events promoted by your favorite musicians. Events
- Connect with others who share your musical interests. Find Yourself
- Post positive messages and advice only. Don’t post critical comments. No Criticism
Music is the original Smart App because we listen to it for inspiration. Our music manages our mood. Music evokes emotion.
What is a music network?
A Music Network is a Social Network where users connect and share sounds arranged in a melodic tone and related information. Music is social media. It is created to be played and shared by people and groups.
These are high level Social Networks because music is already social media in the traditional sense. A social media network about social media. People share sound as User Generated Content (UGC).
Professional and amateur sounds are often shared and played. Comments, news, and other information is shared with contacts. The listening and communication capabilities of a given network vary.
The conventions of our cultivation for this art form are central to the culture. Websites and apps allow users to play sounds by other members. Some provide professional content as well as premium services for artists.
We connect with music, fans, and musicians. Listening to it is at the center of the experience. We love music. It can make us happy when we are sad.
The connection between melodic tunes and our feelings is deep.
Audio Social Network Definition
Audio Social Networks are social media websites that allow users to listen to music. They have premium services for artists. Advertising is a revenue source. Premium streaming services are available.
Audio is the overall application. Music is the most popular form. Specialized networks allow streaming with limited social media capabilities. Podcasting, talk audio, is a smaller part of the industry as well.
Best Audio Social Networks
- Pandora: Pandora is the best audio network because the algorithms finds songs we like well and they have a large portfolio of music.
- Soundcloud: SoundCloud is the second best audio network because it is truly a social network for music. More amateur content than professional.
- Soundclick: SoundClick is a great audio social network with the most social features, charts. Highly recommended.
Audio Netiquette is the code we have among friends about sharing music information. How we use social networks to stream, connect, and interact with audio.
Audio Network Netiquette Rules are the culture of recording networks. Conventions center around engagement with recordings. Contacts are fans in the social media and traditional sense of the word.
Conventional wisdom, etiquette rules, attracts friends, fans, and followers for all participants. Streaming is a popular pastime.
Uploading recordings to the domain is one way to engage. Listening to them is the most common. Connecting with listeners is the purpose.
The value of the connection is determined by quality of content. This can be measured by views. Adding accounts to the various categories of contacts is another.
Tolerance is required. Engaging everyone is not for everyone. Engaging in our favorite genre and exposing ourselves to other forms and types of audio works well.